You will be aware. And you won't hurt or be afraid.

When I was 22, this Colombian girl dumped me. She was both Colombian and went to the university of Columbia. And she was beautiful and she was smart and she was related to Gabriel García Márquez. And just as fast as we fell in love, she disappeared. And I knew she had just used me. You know, she was an intellectual and I was a thug. And I just stared at the ceiling all day remembering the first time we fucked on my couch in sunnyside after a rainstorm on a Thursday. Then one day after being fucked up for months, I realized something. I didn't know her. She didn't know me. Just because I tasted her cum and spit or could tell you her middle name or knew what record she liked, that doesn't mean anything. That's not a connection. Anyone can have that. Really knowing someone is something else. It's a completely different thing. And when it happens, you won't be able to miss it. You will be aware. And you won't hurt or be afraid.

Adam, Girls, S3E1

(para memória futura, que fique escrito que as minhas personagens preferidas de Girls são o Adam e a Jessa.)

Sem comentários: